Sunday 11 November 2012

Twin 1 and Twin 2.


This week my twin sister came to visit me in Glasgow so it only seemed right to take her onto Strathclyde Fusion and make her my special guest on MusicBubble.(The photo is about 6 months old but I posted it so you could see how similar we look :P ).
Well one similarity we do have is our music taste - the songs she suggested were ideal and after playing them on the show I now have two new bands to follow.


Ben Howard
Another highlight of my sister's trip was the Ben Howard gig we went to yesterday. I have wanted to see him live for ages and he defiantly exceed my high expectations. You would think after touring with the same one album for over a year the performance may be quite flat. However, the  cheeky wee smile and slick guitar skills showed that he still loves it. The songs from his very new EP 'The Burgh Island' fit well into this set as they're quite atmospheric sounding between the classics 'Keep Your Head Up' and 'The Wolves'. Kinda wish he had played his cover of Carly Rae Jepsen though....


So here is the recording of this week's show. My aim in the next couple of shows is to work on the sound levels with bedding tracks and mics but hope you enjoy the music of this week's MusicBubble.

LOVE x



Tracklisting

The Lumineers - Ho Hey
2:54 - Sugar
Fossil Collective - On & On
Asaf Avidan & the Mojos - One Day / Reckoning Song (Wankelmut Remix)
CHVRCHES - The Mother We Share
Peace - Bloodshake

Chill-Out Track
Ben Howard - Oats In The Water

The Subways - It's A Party
Villagers - Passing a Message

Ali's Tracks
Mt. Wolf - Life Size Ghosts
fiN - The Artisan

Album of the Week: Two Door Cinema Club - Beacon
Two Door Cinema Club - Sun

Hanni El Khatib - You Rascal You

No comments:

Post a Comment